CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 26, 2008

My baby brother Joel is now a missionary. It's hard to believe but true. I am so proud of him! He was called to serve in the Santiago Chile mission and he entered the MTC in Provo on November 19. His farewell was so amazing and we all felt the spirit, it was amazingly strong. Jemima sang 'I'll go where you want me to go' and it was beautiful!

He is seriously the cutest missionary ever!
Our family in front of the MTC minus some spouses and children

Jesse, Cassidy, Joel, and Tate

Brianne, Joel, and Nate
Dad, mom and Joel
The moms get to put on the missionary tag, I think that it is such a special tradition. I know it meant alot to my mom that she got to put it on him for the first time.
Joel and myself. We might be smiling but it was a sad but exciting day.
I cried but not s much as I thought I would, I was trying to be brave.

Poor guy, he got the flu the morning he was going onto the temple, I felt so bad for him.
When I first saw him in his suit I thought "how nice does he look, but why didn't he do his hair?!" He usually put gel and makes it look so good now he has no gel but added a part. Part or no part he looks so good and is going to be a great missionary. I am so proud of him and not because I am his sister it is because he is my younger brother and I look up to him in every way. When Matt grows up I want him to be just like Joel. The people in Chile don't know how lucky they are to have Elder Hovey for two years. Good luck Joel we love and miss you so much.








0 comments: