CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hey everyone!!! this week has been an awesome week!! we found 7 new investigators this week, had 24 lessons and overall it was a really good week. dad I'm glad to hear your doing so much better!! you ll have to use my camera and take some pictures of Jesse and Tate playing baseball and send them to me. Oh and speaking of tithing....... have you talked to Jemima and Nate, and Aubrie about that??

INTERUPTION FROM AUBRIE...I just want to make it clear that Tom and I ARE full tithe payers as for the rest, I don't know so that is all I have to say about that so on with the letter...

So i have some really good news. i had a long interview with my president and i was explaining to him the situation oh Kata our investigator and Erick. And we got everything worked out and SHE GOT BAPTIZED THIS LAST SUNDAY!!!!!! I was walking with her and Erick and i was talking to her about all sorts of stuff and she stopped and said hey when do i have to decide who is going to baptize me? so i said whenever you want to. and then she said she already knew who she wanted to baptize her but she didn't want to hurt the other persons feelings.... so i said to her that it doesn't matter who baptizes her just the fact that she is getting baptized is the coolest thing in the world. So she finally worked up the courage to say well i want you to do it. As much as i want to say i didn't care who baptized her, i would be lying if i didn't say i wanted to baptize her so bad!! she was my first convert and i had worked so much and so hard to get her to change some things. We had a total fight this last week to get her baptized but it all worked out in the end. She ended up having to have and interview with the president of the mission to get approved to be baptized cuz she has had some really serious sins in the past. but she was honest about all of them and she has truly repented and that's the coolest part of the atonement, she is totally forgiven from all the dumb choices she has made. I love this gospel so much, and even more importantly i love Jesus Christ for the love he showed to all mankind in giving EVERYTHING he had, not just half, or a part...... but EVERYTHING he had so we could be saved and our sins could be forgiven. But I'm sending you some pictures of the baptism and everything, and the coolest part is that Kata and ERICK are most likely going to get married in the future and they are really seriously thinking about moving to Utah. so we are all going to hang out after my mission. Erick is 20 and Kata is 18. but seriously the way she has changed is unbelievable. Erick got up at her baptism and bore his testimony which is something on its own(he has piercings everywhere and all sorts of tattoos, but he was dressed in a suit and a tie). but when he bore his testimony he started crying and so did Kata and it was honestly sooooo amazing!!! I'm so happy for them its not even funny.
So Easter was most definitely the best Easter i have ever had in my life!!!! we remembered Christ, renewed our covenants with him, brought someone unto him, served him the entire day and then we topped it off with some good chocolate at the end of the day. not to mention we had 130 people show up to church this week. and normal amount of people in the church every Sunday is about 100 in this ward. we have been working our butts off and its finally starting to pay off. Changes are coming up this next Monday(a week from today) so I'm most likely leaving this ward but i feel good about saying that i have left this ward better than what i found it. This change is been a ton of fun, but we have been working really hard to. Believe it or not i have to turn to elder frost alot that we need to focus more on the work. And coming from me that's kinda surprising cuz I'm king of screwing around and as they call it her in Chile ¨painting monkeys¨or screwing around. But ya I'm kind of a fun hater now and I'm really serious now, and i never joke around.........ok so maybe I'm lying but really elder frost loves talk about everything and believe it or not I'm kinda mature sometimes and direct our focus back to the mission. So I'm getting a new companion next Monday to and I'm really nervous, i have had really good luck with companions this whole time, i haven't had a companion i wanted to kill, or maybe my patience has really grown, but i have a feeling that I'm going to get a companion that is really going to try my patience, so if you hear I'm coming home in about a week or 2 its probably because i have killed my companion. haha no jk i promise i wont do that.
We ate dinner on Sunday with the family Padilla who are pretty much my family away from home and i said the closing prayer and they know I'm most likely leaving next week and the mom of the family started crying and had to walk out of the room when the prayer was over, i guess I'm just really good at saying prayers or something...... but for real she was really sad cuz I'm leaving and it hit me so hard that in this ward there are so many people i don't want to leave. i have been with them for almost 4 months now and i love them to death and its gonna be really hard to leave and get put in a different ward. but its ok wherever I'm called i know its from the lord and I'm gonna be happy wherever He puts me.
but hey i need to go. I'm out of time but thanks for the support and everything you do for me.
i know i was gonna ask you to send me something but now i cant remember what it was. next week i hope i remember. haha love you all bye!!


ohhh and mom!!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You are honestly the best mom ever and it sucks that it takes me being out here away from you to realize how much i really do love you but thanks for everything. i couldn't ask for anything more than what you are and i can only hope and pray that i can take some of the amazing characteristics and qualities you have. i love you so much!!! and i hope you had the best birthday ever!!

0 comments: