CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hey mom hey dad!! i here your in mesquite?? whats going on down there?? and dad I'm glad your healing so fast, but don't hate me if i sound like a parent but what would you say if i had just got done with surgery and i was running around like you are right now??? ya I'm pretty sure you would say Joel you need to take it easy, and probably get a little frustrated. Ive learned now how much of a beating my body has taken my whole life and wish i could have taken it a little bit easier now. But moral of the story is you need to slow down or in 2 years your gonna be right back in the surgery room, or in a wheel chair.
so how are the jazz doing?? any other sports news? its hard not getting to see any sports here and the one sport that the people really like here is soccer. Don't get me wrong i like soccer but its not basketball or football. so this computer I'm on is so slow I'm gonna kill it. and I'm trying to figure out how i can upload my pictures from the baptism but its not letting me so maybe next week if your lucky. So i had changes today and i got moved..... only it wasn't what they told me it was going to be. I didn't get moved into that sector i was telling you about with the gringo that has less time with me, but i didn't get moved to a new zone, and a whole new sector. My new companions name is Elder Aguirre, and he is from Honduras like my second companion. He also doesn't speak a lick of English so I'm gonna improve a lot of my Spanish this change, I'm excited. But leaving my last sector was so hard. Last night we had a family night and we made waffles(thanks mom) and had a short lesson, but we said by to a bunch of my favorite people here and it was really hard to say bye. I wont lie i got kinda emotional. Especially when i had to say bye to Kata( the girl who i baptized last Sunday) and Erick. I was so close to them and i have to settle for a handshake when saying bye to them when i care about them so much. man that rule is hard sometimes about not hugging converts. so anyways I'm in a sector called punte alto 1 which means tall bridge, but i haven't seen a single bridge here so i don't know why its called that. but I'm right next to the mountains and I'm way excited to maybe go up in the mountains. I guess our sector is huge and there are 4 missionaries in this sector just like my last one. Elder Frost stayed in my old sector so I'm at least glad he is going to stay there and keep an eye on our converts and the families we were working with. We found this family this last week that is awesome!! the dad smokes and is trying so hard to stop and the rest of the family was soooooo excited when i explained the book of Mormon to them. They wanted to read it right then and there. I'm positive they are going to get baptized in a few weeks. I'm so excited. and we found another girl who is getting baptized the 3rd for sure. she knows what she wants and she is working so hard to get to the baptism. I was teaching her about Joseph smith and i looked down for a second and when i looked back up at her she had tears streaming down her face. It was so cool the spirit was so power full. She is really easy to teach cuz she is so receptive to the spirit. We actually re-activated her boyfriend too so this last change was awesome. I feel like i left my last sector with so much left to do. Its really hard to leave all these people you are worrying about and praying for all day everyday in the hands of other missionaries, i mean i know there gonna do really good job with them but still its just hard not being able to talk or see them progressing.
well hey mom if you could send me some of that face wash in the next package you send my way i would very much appreciate it! no hurry.
oh and sorry i cant send any pictures this week i cant figure out this computer its not working right. but hey i love you all and ill talk to you next Monday!

Love

-Elder Hovey

0 comments: