CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ok, my comps name is elder Aguirre. I don't know his first name to be honest I forget people have first names here, and every now and then i hear someone call out Joel or something that sounds like Joel and I get all weird ed out. But, ya he is from Honduras, Tegucigalpa. Its actually my second companion from Honduras. I have come to realize that people from Honduras have really strong tempers. You think dad´s temper or my temper are bad, than you should see Hondurans tempers. haha no but really I love my comp. remind me to tell you a story on Sunday about me and my comp getting angry. and my new area is called puente alto 1. the ward is huge. to walk from one side of the boundaries to the other is more than 2 hours walking so we get in plenty of walking, and its helping me get more organized cuz we have to schedule all of the appointments somewhat close or we will never get to them on time. and honestly its really hard to find new investigators here that will come to church and progress cuz its so far away, but that's no excuse. we have been working a ton with less active members and families that have problems to help strengthen them and were capacitating them to help us find new people to teach at the same time. most people think that it is the responsibility of the missionaries to find new people to teach but really its the members responsibility, and the missionary´s responsibility to teach them. so you need to do your part, send the missionaries to make them work with our family and then take them to people you know that could use the Gospel. seriously without the members help in missionary work it is nearly impossible to find people to teach. so do your part and ¨lift where you stand¨ as elder Ukdorf said last year in gen conference. and do whatever you can to help Jemima Dustin and Colt, I know its hard but i worry so much about them, really about everyone but especially them. I have a lot of work to do when i get back on our family.
so ya I was reading the ward newsletter thing and it said Emily Peterson got married?? What the??? Isn't she like 19 years old?? ha-ha and she has a missionary out who is a friend of mine, man I have no chance of seeing Branda in a year and half ha ha. no there is a slight chance she will still be there when i get back. but whatever happens happens. so that's kinda weird to think that your going to have strangers move in the apartment instead of Janet living there. who are they? are they members? if not you better get them baptized!! ha ha but really what better opportunity to share the gospel than that.
did you say the missionaries spoke in church on Sunday?? we have missionaries in our ward?? I don't ever remember them speaking in our ward or let alone ever seeing them. oh which reminds me i kinda feel bad now for all the times i avoided the missionaries when they wanted me to go on splits with them, now i know what it feels like. so here is something you need to write down so when i get back you can pull this out and make sure i do it...... when i get back i am going to go on splits all the time with the missionaries and take such good care of them.
ok and mothers day.... so here´s the deal. You are going to need to call me again if you could and here is the number 569-8902-3738.
and i need you to call me at 8:10 CHILEAN TIME. ha ha. once more that is at 8:10 CHILLEAN TIME Sunday night. and ya if you could contact Branda that would be nice. and tell whoever is not there that I will have God send down some lightening bolts to strike them. So if they don't want to get hit with the wrath of God by his lightening bolt send with love from Elder Hovey then they better be there.
I cant really think of anything I need this week but I know there is something I need but I'm sure I'll be ok until then. Oh but you could go tell Dave at Mr mac that those pants that he sold me are terrible, all three pairs have holes in them. and the gloves I bought from Missionary Mall have a hole in them and I have only used them twice, ha ha.

Well I gotta run but I'll talk to you on Sunday at 8:10 my time.

love you!!!!

-Elder hovey

0 comments: