CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 7, 2009

hey mom hey dad!!! so I'm glad you had a good time down in mesquite. what were you doing down there?? did Dustin have a softball tournament or something? oh and before i forget, did you send the office my insurance information. and what is the insurance company wanting now? are they trying to make a claim??
but hey my comp is awesome!! he helps me a ton with my Spanish and I'm trying to teach him English a little too, but its hard cuz i still have so much to learn about Spanish. well......... i mean Chilean, because honestly the Spanish they speak here is terrible!!! there is Spanish, then there is castellan(which is another form of Spanish) and then there is Chilean(which is a mix of all 3, and you double the speed that they talk and mumble all your words together and poof you get the Chilean language). but no my Spanish is getting better and better everyday but its frustrating cuz I'm a perfectionist and hearing my comp who is from Honduras speak perfect Spanish and then hearing an imperfect Spanish come out of my mouth is frustrating. but i know got is helping me.
he has had a very tough life and it makes me really thank full for all the countless blessings i have and have had my entire life.
so you wanna hear a funny story?? ya i was walking down the street the other day talking with my comp while on our way to an appointment and there was this guy just inside his fence washing potatoes..... so the funny thing is that the mashed potatoes that we eat here(which is not very often) are amazing!!! i don't know what they do but they are really good(and just in case this gets to my mom they aren't as good as her mashed potatoes). so ya i love mashed potatoes here and this guy that was washing them wasn't really washing them like most people do..... he had them in this little Chilean rigged pool like thing and he rolled up his dirty Chilean pants and washed the potatoes with his dirty Chilean feet hahahhaha. i started laughing so hard when i saw it and pointed it out to my comp and he died. its pretty much been what has cheered us up this last week when we get shot down, we just say papas which means potatoes and we are magically laughing and happy again.
so anyways this sector is HUGE!!! and there are also 4 missionaries in this ward, but we need it cuz there's no way 4 missionaries can cover this much territory. but we don't have many investigators to be honest. the missionaries here last change i don't know what they were doing. we have one lady named Silvia who has been to church twice on her own and she hadn't even talked to the missionaries and we have been teaching her this last week and things are going good. only she is very catholic and likes do drink so we've got our work set out for us but she is going to get baptized its just a matter of time. ill let you know next week a little more about my investigators, i just don't know them that well up till this point and we haven't found many new investigators this week. well i take that back we found 3 newbies this last week but none of them came to church and none of them really understood anything we taught them. not because we struggled to teach them right, but because they really just couldn't grasp a simple concept or maybe cuz generally they just weren't that interested. but there is still hope they will progress you never know. so pray your guts out for them and me if you would.
so i don't have Kata´s email or her address or anything right here on me but ya you should totally send it to me and ill make sure she gets it. that would be awesome thanks mom!! and i don't have the Padilla´s email on me either, i have it written in my agenda from last change so ill send it to you next week. but hey i gotta run i love you all so much thanks for all your support and prayers. i really can feel the lord blessing me as a result of them.

-Elder Hovey

0 comments: